Ashford Wellness ™ and Ashford International, LLC
Last modified: 10/13/2022
Ashford International, LLC d/b/a/ Ashford Wellness ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:·
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you access and use the ashfordwellness.com ecommerce Website (the "Site"), and otherwise participate in any research Registries or surveys we conduct (“Registry or Registries”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in the Site and in email, text, phone and other electronic communications sent in connection with the use of the Site and participation in our Registries. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:·
- We collect offline not related to a Registry or on any other Company websites, including websites you may access through this Site.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including third parties you may access through the Site.
Our other websites and apps, and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Site and Registries are not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Site and Trial participants:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Site.
- From public information we gather from third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the Site, or participate in our Registries, we may ask you provide information:·
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, ip address, payment information, account login information, gender, race, ethnicity, and any other information the Site collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law ("personal information").
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as age, personal preferences, and Site usage preferences; that when combined with other information, may be used to derive your identity.
This information includes:·
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Site. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter and requesting further services. ·
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site.
- Your browsing habits on the Site.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the Site, it may use technology to automatically collect:·
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Site including: the date and time of your visit, how long you remained on the Site, how you navigated through the site, the URL by which you were directed to the Site, third party links clicked while on the Site, and the pages you visited on the Site.·
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.·
- Location Information. This Site does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
We may acquire, including though purchasing, information about you from third party services such as public databases, marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media platforms as well as from other third parties. This information may include mailing addresses, job titles, phone numbers, behavioral data, social media profiles, name, gender and other personal preferences.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:·
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Help completing research registries you have chosen to participate in and validating the data of those research projects and registries.
- Offer better services to you and other users of the Site
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.·
- Notify you when Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.·
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:·
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.·\
- Recognize you when you use the Site.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
The safety of your information is very important to us. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.·
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.·
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Site users is among the assets transferred.·
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.·
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.·
- With your consent.·
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.·
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for billing and collection.·
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.·
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by not selecting the appropriate box when you provide the information. You can also always opt-out by contacting us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org·
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us directly at: email@example.com
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If You are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA Rights") over the personal information we collect about You. This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with the Ashford International.CCPA Rights
Right to Access: If you are a California resident, you have the right to request, up to two times each year, access to categories and specific pieces of personal information about you that we collect, use, disclose, and sell.
Right to Deletion: California residents can also request that we delete personal information collected from them.
We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:•
- Security: to detect data security incidents
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e., to improve our Services).
Right to opt-out of sale: California residents have the right to opt-out from the sale of your personal information to third parties. Please note, however, that Ashford International does not engage in the sale of personal information.
Right to Non-Discrimination: California residents have the right not to be discriminated against in the event that you decide to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA. Ashford International will not discriminate against California residents for exercising any of their CCPA Rights. If you would like to exercise any of these rights under the CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We will keep your personal information until we deem it no longer reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations and exercise our rights under our relationship as well as long as is needed to comply with all applicable laws.
Ashford International, LLC
151 Calle de San Francisco
Ste 200, PMB 5302
San Juan, PR 00901